If you want to encrypt traffic in front of a load balancer, you can follow these detailed instructions for configuring HTTPS on Amazon EC2. In summary:
- Request a public certificate from AWS Certificate Manager (ACM)
- If you have not already created an Application Load Balancer (ALB) or Network Load Balancer (NLB), create a load balancer
- Associate your certificate with the load balancer
- Put the Amazon EC2 instance behind your load balancer
- Route traffic to your load balancer by configuring DNS with Route 53
If you want to encrypt traffic to RStudio professional products (e.g. behind a load balancer), you can configure SSL as described in our docs. For issues, see the Troubleshooting SSL page.