RStudio Workbench Standard on GCP marketplace is an on-demand, commercially-licensed, integrated development environment (IDE). It offers all of the capabilities found in the popular RStudio open-source IDE, plus turnkey convenience, enhanced security, additional development environments, the ability to manage multiple R versions and sessions, and more.
It comes pre-configured with RStudio Workbench 2022.02.0+443, R versions 4.1.2, 4.0.5, 3.6.3, 3.5.3, and 3.4.4 and Python version 3.8.9 already installed. RStudio Workbench is by default configured with system account authentication and depends on an internal SQLite database. Additional, manual configuration is required if you would like to change any of the default settings. Details on configuration options are available in the administration guide.
The instructions below will help you get started.
1. Select RStudio Workbench Standard for GCP from the Google Cloud Platform Marketplace console and click Launch
2. Deploy RStudio Workbench for GCP
- Choose a Deployment name for your RStudio Workbench instance
- Configure your Instance zone, Machine type, etc.
- Click Deploy
3. Save the Site address, Admin user, and temporary Admin password for the next steps
4. Visit the site address and log in with your Username and Password
5. Once logged in, set a new password for this user
- Visit the terminal pane in the RStudio IDE
- At the prompt type passwd
- Enter the current password and the new password twice, hitting the enter key after each entry
6. You are now ready to use RStudio Workbench Standard for GCP
For additional information on how to administer RStudio Workbench please refer to the Admin Guide. For a list of important features that are available to pro customers, learn more at RStudio Workbench.
If you want to make additional configuration changes, you may do so by accessing the instance via SSH and making updates to the appropriate files as described in the administration guide. You can connect via a browser-based SSH session by clicking on "SSH" from the deployment details page.